Stress can interfere with an individual’s ability to function normally over an extended period. Today, it is considered a public health crisis in the United States – a majority of Americans suffer from moderate to high stress. Common triggers may include fear of job stability, concerns about money, and more. In technical terms, stress is also understood as a situation that results in a particular biological response. Chemicals and hormones course through the person’s body when they sense a threat or challenge. So, how can you tackle stress? Are deep breathing exercises, over the counter medications, etc., failing to work in your favor? Before you start using CBD oil products for stress, it is important to learn more about the condition.
Understanding the Different Types of Stress
The four main types of stress that Americans encounter include:
- Chronic stress: An individual who experiences high stress levels for a long time. They may end up with high blood pressure, severe anxiety, depression, or even cardiovascular disease.
- Acute stress: An individual’s instinctive reaction negatively to a new, challenging situation. It can be used to one’s advantage, i.e., training the body and mind to face future stressors.
- Episodic acute stress: It may occur after an individual experiences numerous instances of acute stress. This type of stress can lead to long-term mental and physical health problems.
- Severe acute stress: Also known as acute stress disorder, severe acute stress may occur within a month of a traumatic event. Some symptoms can be similar to someone who is suffering from PTSD.
Consequences of Long-Term Stress
Cortisol is recognized as the primary stress hormone. It can alter our immune system response, enable the brain’s effective use of glucose, and more. If high levels of cortisol remain for a long time, it can cause adverse effects:
- Sudden loss of motivation
- Upset stomach
- Increased irritability
- Changes in appetite
- Muscle tension
Antidepressants Aren’t Always the Best Treatment Option
Many patients are prescribed psychiatric medication, which commonly come in the form of antidepressants. That’s why one may witness other people popping these pills like candy. Popular products in this category include Lexapro, Zoloft, and Prozac. Heavy dependence on antidepressants and anti-anxiety drugs, however, may result in seizures, speech problems, dizzy spells, low blood pressure, sexual problems, and more.
Can CBD Oil Products Help Reduce Stress Levels?
Fortunately, CBD oil is considered a safe and natural option to help reduce the daily stress that may be preventing you from living your best life. It is important to note that the efficacy of CBD oil is still being researched upon. Users should also keep in mind that CBD oil products are not designed as a cure for common diseases and ailments. In theory, however, CBD could help inhibit stress hormone production or reduce one’s cardiovascular response to stress.
Stress knows no boundaries and can ruin the lives of many on a daily basis. Regardless of which solution you use to remedy the situation, never allow stress to take control of your life. If you are interested in giving CBD oil products a shot, feel free to check out CanRelieve’s online selection of natural CBD oil. It just might help you go back to being you again.